Search engine optimization is probably the most diverse branch of digital marketing. It has three core facets, each of them is equally important. To make your SEO machine work for you, all the three cogs need to be in perfect condition, they cannot compensate each other.
All the work done on your website, meaning you have full control over it.
It is the only part of search engine optimization that requires technical knowledge, and it does not create any advantage. When you have technical SEO done correctly, it means that you do not create any barriers between your site and Google crawlers. Moreover, it means you do not cause any penalties by Google.
The work touches the following elements:
- schema markup
- images optimization
- robots.txt file
- http and https protocols
- loading speed optimization
- internal linking, creating silos if relevant
The most important stakeholder of your content is the site visitor. You need to create it for humans, make it useful and fun to read. But hey, how will people see your content if it doesn’t appear somewhere high on Google search? There are hundreds of factors that make your content worthy “in the eyes” of Google. The crucial ones:
- One topic per page
- Easy to read based on readability tests. Thus, short sentences, short paragraphs, not overloaded with scientific vocabulary or complex phrases.
- Based on keywords, but not keywords staffed. Thus, it answers the questions that people ask Google but sounds natural.
- The factual tone of voice (as of Sep’19). Don’t overload your content with marketing bullshit a-la “best most efficient breakthrough bubble gum.” If your product happens to be the best, you may mention it, though concentrate on explaining what makes it so good using facts, not exclamations.
- Smart and relevant metadata: meta description, page title, headings, and sub-headings.
Yes, that's us, the best marketing agency. We talk about our case because we are in full control of the links we get. Even if we manage the link building project for a customer, they still have some influence on who will mention them on the internet.
Build the domain strength to become competitive for medium-range difficulty keywords.
What we did
Worked to get high-quality backlinks mostly via HARO and our happy customers' sites. We adhered to these criteria:
- All links are genuine. They come either in gratitude for our contribution to the articles or our customers agree to link to us.
- We avoid sites where we could get a nofollow link
- We avoid sites with low domain strength
Achieved DR 31 with only 50 referring domains. If not managed efficiently, DR 30+ requires links from hundreds of domains.
Most importantly, you are reading this text and probably found our site through search engines.
Working with webmasters of other sites to build your authority.
Whichever search query you can think of, Google will have at least a few thousand pages to choose from. Within fractions of a second, it will decide which site has the most authority on the subject and put it in the first place. This is where you want to be. At least in top-10.
There are tons of factors that Google considers when doing its magic. And they never reveal their algorithms, of course. Though, the proven most significant factor is backlinks. Thus, if other websites refer to you, you must be a reliable source for everyone else.
It’s one of those cases where quality is more important than quantity. If you ever get to choose if you want to be cited by Forbes or 20 bloggers, go for the first option.
SEO metrics 101
To quantify the likelihood of a website to appear in the search results, the SEO community is using the summary metric Domain Strength or Domain Authority. We measure it on a scale of 0 to 100. As you could guess, the more significant authority you have, the better. You get authority via backlinks coming from different domains. In the end, it’s the amount and quality of referring domains, not links that matter.
The more websites target a particular keyword, the more difficult it is for you to squeeze in. To outrank your traffic competitors, you need to have better content and send more authority to the page that fights for the given keyword. To quantify the severity of competition, the SEO community uses the Keyword Difficulty metric, also measured on a scale of 0 to 100.
You get the analysis, action plan, technical and creative work done on-site and off-site to drive high-quality leads to your site through search engines.
Timing and cost
Projects vary from $300 to dozens of thousands. Time-wise starting from a week up to several years.
Get the FREE initial analysis before you place an order