Marketing Tactics to Grow Your Business
Looking for marketing tactics proven to be the most effective for business growth? There are plenty of marketing techniques you can adapt to successfully market your products and services without breaking a bank. You don’t have to use all of them because that will require a lot of time and resources and if you choose the wrong approach, you may just waste your precious time and money and fail to achieve your business goals. The key to success is to choose reliable strategies that might work best for your unique business. In this article, we cover different approaches to marketing, explain the importance of building the right promotional strategy, and give you the list of 11 marketing tactics that really work.
Due to the rapid development of information technology and growing difficulties in meeting customer’s expectations and needs, we are witnessing a shift from a traditional marketing approach of the 4 Ps to customer targeted marketing. Have no idea of how these 2 marketing approaches differ from each other? Let me explain.
The 4Ps of marketing. A traditional marketing mix consists of controllable tactical tools that companies use to influence demand for their products. This framework is known as the 4 Ps which stand for product, price, place, and promotion. All components have their own tools, contributing to a marketing mix.
- Product – brand name, features, design, quality, variety, services
- Price – price list, payment period, allowance, discount
- Promotion – public relations, personal selling, advertising, sales promotion
- Place – location, assortments, inventory, coverage, channels, logistic, transportation
This approach focuses on the seller’s view of the market and has been criticized as being inappropriate in the current marketing situation – today’s consumers prefer to buy online products and services. With a rapid development of e-commerce, contemporary consumers expect businesses to market their products putting the customer’s interests ahead of seller’s interests. As a result, companies that want to stay ahead of their competitors started to use customer targeted marketing approach.
Customer targeted marketing focuses on the needs of consumers. Companies have to listen to their customers to identify the market needs and develop strategies that will allow them to meet those needs effectively. Such an approach to marketing requires a commitment to quality and delivering targeted personal messages to consumers. Companies have to take steps to build customer loyalty so they need to constantly use technology to gather up-to-date information about their customers and prospects. Using customer data, businesses can develop more effective customer-centric marketing strategies and use the most appropriate customer-focused tactics.
Developing Promotional Strategy
Today, small businesses can choose from a variety of strategies when it comes to promoting their products and services. But it’s essential to use the right type of the promotional strategy to ensure the success of your marketing campaigns. Regardless of what your business does or sells, you need to know your customers in order to effectively target them and tell them about your unique value proposition that differentiates your company from your competitors.
You can use promotional strategies to achieve a number of goals:
- build awareness
- identify target customers
- inform consumers about products and prices
- get people to try new products
- build customer loyalty
- persuade people to buy more products and use them more often
- teach potential clients how to use specific parts of a service
Promotional mix typically includes personal selling, traditional advertising, sales promotion, social media, public relations, and e-commerce. You should integrate these strategies and make sure that the message you deliver to your consumers is the same regardless of where it comes from.
Read to learn the best marketing tactics that work in 2019. Make sure to start with the overall digital marketing strategy. Jumping straight to execution may lead to disappointing ROI results. If you lack time to go back to the drawing board, we can help. Let's talk today
What is the difference between strategy and tactics? The distinction between these two concepts is not always clear but the main thing is that a strategy answers the question “How do we get where we want to be?” and includes segmentation, targeting, and positioning as its key parts and tactics provide details about the strategy and support the overall direction of a business. Tactics are marketing tools you can use to achieve the objectives of your marketing plan.
Marketing tactics can be divided into primary and secondary. With primary tactics, you can make direct sales or try to acquire a lead offering lead magnet in exchange for their contact information. Secondary tactics such as webinars, newsletters, email autoresponders, and seminars are used for interaction with existing leads and customers in order to convert them into sales.
You should approach building your digital marketing campaign strategically and choose the right tactics to reach your target audience and engage your customers. And you should use a wide range of different platforms to connect with your consumers and engage them online.
11 Marketing Tactics That Really Work
Here are 11 marketing tactics you can implement to see results.
- Case studies tell positive customer stories about the problem they were facing and how your product or service helped them solve it. You can use case studies in your white papers, publish them on your website or create videos.
- Landing pages are important marketing tools that are used to create awareness and engage visitors who come to business websites from specific marketing channels such as social media, PPC, and other forms of advertising. You can effectively use them to convert prospects into leads.
- Writing a blog and regularly updating it, you will improve your website ranking on search engines and attract new prospects if you use a variety of relevant keywords. You can also create content using a topic cluster model which can deliver more relevant search results. Besides, you can use your blog to engage with your audience if you encourage them to post comments and ask questions.
- Guest posting will allow you to get in front of other bloggers audiences and you can use it to get traffic to your website. That’s why you should make guest posts your best content if you want to get visitors.
- PPC advertising is one of the easiest ways to drive targeted traffic to your website because you only if people click on your content. You can use Google Ads and Facebook ads to create targeted ads for your website by choosing relevant keywords.
- Marketing automation will help you effectively target customers and leads by sending them content based on their interests and activity. You can use it to automate such repetitive tasks like emails, social media posts, and other website actions and have more time to focus on other efforts that drive revenue.
- Gamification is a great tool to engage your target audience and customers. You can use apps, games, and quizzes to keep your customers engaged and motivate them to use your products.
- Social media content for Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Twitter can have a great impact on building brand awareness and increasing engagement with your customers. This useful tool can also increase traffic to your business website.
- Webinars can be used to sell products or courses, but many businesses tend to overlook this good marketing tactic. They are similar to lectures, but you should make them entertaining and engaging if you want to be persuasive and make sales. You need to give away valuable content or information combined with a slide presentation, chat, Q and A and make an offer in the last minutes of your webinar.
- Viral marketing is not an easy tactic because you never know what type of content will go viral. Unfortunately, there are no metrics which can help determine it. But it’s a fantastic opportunity to get your brand in front of a lot of people through social media shares and other referrals.
- YouTube videos can be a great way to reach a broader audience, drive interest to your business, and make your brand more compelling. YouTube has more than 1 billion active users so you can’t afford to ignore it. You can make short inspiring videos to showcase your products or services.
We have discussed the best marketing tactics for any business situation but before you decide to use them in your marketing campaigns, you need to develop an effective marketing strategy that will help you reach your target audience at different stages of the customer journey. Without a clear marketing strategy, your marketing tactics are likely to be poorly directed and may not be as effective as you expect them to be. A marketing strategy determines the future of your business and its competitive advantage and requires proactive efforts to define and communicate it.
If you are not sure that you can cope with this time-consuming and challenging project, experienced marketing experts from Extrabrains will gladly offer you a helping hand. As a part of strategic planning, our marketing specialists will ensure that effective tactics are aligned with marketing strategy and resonate best with your audience. Contact us to learn how we can help you develop an effective marketing plan that will bring you more customers and take your business to the next level.
This analysis brought new business insights to 97% of participants