Fractional CMO Services
Fractional CMO is a C-level marketing professional joining your team for a limited time. The main objective of a Fractional CMO is to build an efficient marketing system, test it, and ensure it brings constant, predictable revenue. A Fractional CMO should be a marketing generalist with a strategic mind and a managerial background.
What does a Fractional CMO do?
- Analyzes the market and customers’ pain points to develop the marketing strategy.
- Crafts a sales funnel covering all stages from leads acquisition to boosting the word of mouth of the happy customers.
- Builds the brand that resonates with customers’ pain points.
- Relies on data to make decisions and adjust the action plan.
- Manages the narrow-field specialists (copywriters, web developers, designers, etc.) to ensure consistency across channels.
- Oversees the marketing budget and ensures optimal marketing ROI.
- Works independently and drives the development of the marketing function.
Fractional CMO vs. Full-time CMO
- You get a professional in your team for a fraction of the salary you would pay to a full-time in-house CMO.
- You will get an efficient marketing function by the time you are ready to scale.
- No HR, legal, or stationary hassle.
- Flexible working hours: part-time or sprint-based work.
Who needs a Fractional CMO?
This service is a good fit for you if you recognize at least some of these pains:
- You've launched a startup. Your MVP is cooking and you're fully focused on product development and raising investment. You know you will need marketing, though you don't have the capacity to wear another hat. At the same time, it's too early to hire a full-time CMO.
- You've been in business for quite some time. You have a junior specialist managing your social media, and a freelancer managing your ads. You understand that you don't have control of your marketing function and don't want to leave it to chance.
- You run a mature company, and you feel your marketing could perform better. You need someone unbiased to take a fresh look and drive the change.
Fractional CMO vs. freelancers and agencies
- A Fractional CMO is fully involved and engaged. He or she is responsible for the results.
- A Fractional CMO is a team member. They know all the team members and may collaborate with Development or Support teams.
- A Fractional CMO is a senior specialist, carrying all the necessary expertise and management capabilities.
Hire our co-founders as your Fractional CMOs
We’ll ask many questions to understand your business need and offer you the optimal setup. You’re the boss. We’ll adjust the reporting procedure, decision-making freedom, contract duration, and marketing expenses to your needs.
In most cases, it's best to start with digital strategy development. You will get a roadmap for all the future marketing work. Moreover, this is a commitment-free way to assess if the candidate is a good fit. It's way faster and cheaper than any probation period.
Restrictions to hiring a Fractional CMO
Probably the only definite no-go setup regarding fractional CMO is when you have an established local marketing team working in one office. Having a remote department head will backfire with multiple HR-related issues.
A new team member working for you full time or part-time.
Timing and cost
Flexible contract duration and number of hours per month.
Starting with $2,580/month for 8 hours/week.
Get the FREE initial analysis before you place an order